ANDERSON COUNTY — On Sunday an 18-year-old man returned to his home from a gay pride parade and was assaulted by his father with a baseball bat. According to the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office, the battering took place about 1 p.m. Sunday on P Street.
During the assault, the teen’s 49-year-old father yelled, cursed, swung a bat, prayed and tried to “cast the demon of homosexuality out of him,” according to the teen’s version of events to Deputy S.C. Weymouth, the incident report states.
About 2 p.m. Wednesday, the teen said his father punched him when he returned to the house for clothes that he left on Sunday, the report states.
The teen’s 49-year-old father yelled, cursed, swung a bat, prayed and tried to “cast the demon of homosexuality out of him.” The teen told deputies that his father “has a problem with him being gay and that is why he hit him with the baseball bat Sunday,” Weymouth said in his report.
The teen filed both complaints about 10 p.m. Wednesday.
Deputies, who have not been able to make immediate contact with the teen’s father, report that both incidents are under investigation.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- Pastor arrested for incest and murder
- Kenneth Copeland's prosperity empire
- Pastor sentenced to 20 years for sex crimes
- Come out, foul demon!
- Codex Sinaiticus gets its own website
- Pastor Charged With Rape, Kidnapping
- Church lures teenagers with assault rifle giveaway...
- Catholic League goes crackers over "hate crime"
- Man sues church over prayer session injuries
- Luthern Minister arrested on child sex charges
- Performing unwilling exorcisms ruled a constitutio...
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2007 (206)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)