A Kansas sheriff refused to let the BTK killer's pastor perform a jailhouse exorcism on Dennis Rader, the Rev. Michael Clark said after a speech.
Clark, pastor of Christ Lutheran Church in Wichita, told listeners at Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Overland Park that he believes Rader was driven by the devil to kill 10 people during a 13-year period, the Kansas City Star reported. Rader, who pleaded guilty, is serving 10 consecutive life sentences.
"Dennis was influenced, I believe, by some kind of demonic force and that played a role in the choices and decisions he made," Clark said.
Clark did not totally absolve Rader from responsibility for the killings, saying that he decided to respond to the demonic force.
Rader was known at his church as a devout man who served as president of the congregation. In his neighborhood, he was known as a stickler for rules and regulations.
Clark refused to answer a question about whether Rader had shown remorse.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- Pastor jailed in child sexual-abuse case
- Culpeper minister faces sex charges
- Prisoner: Why I killed paedophile priest
- A local Pastor in trouble with the law
- First Coast Pastor Goes to Jail, Many Parishoners ...
- Senate candidate unapologetic for saying GOP hijac...
- Baptist pastor guilty in scam
- BTK killer denied exorcism
- Pastor picked up on drug charges
- Gov. repeats call for teaching intelligent design
- Is religion the root of all evil?
- Tampa Neighbor Charged Month After Teen's Slaying
- Robertson suggests God smote Sharon
- Tulsa Pastor Arrested In OKC On Lewdness Charge
- God is a product of evolution
- "South Park" Parked by Complaints
- Jews for Jesus Sues Google Over Blogger's Alleged ...
- Girls thought to be gay sue school over expulsion
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2005 (106)