This is a follow-up to the article posted here.
A Ripon pastor accused of selling the town’s oldest church pleaded guilty to embezzlement on Monday and agreed to 16 months in prison, court officials said.
Randall Radic, 53, entered his plea in San Joaquin County Superior Court as part of a deal in which prosecutors agreed to drop nine other charges.
Radic had preached at First Congregational Church for nearly a decade before he sold the church last October for $525,000, allegedly using the money to buy a BMW. He also faked documents that gave him possession of his house, which was owned by the church, then used the property to take out loans, authorities said.
Before the plea deal, Radic had faced up to nine years in prison for 10 counts, including two counts of theft by embezzlement, two counts of obtaining property by false pretenses, four counts of forgery of signature and two counts of presenting a fraudulent document.
Radic’s attorney Michael Babitzke declined to comment on the case Monday.
Radic remains in San Joaquin County Jail on $750,000 bail. He was scheduled to appear for a formal sentencing and restitution hearing on March 16.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- Pastor Appeals Move to Revoke His License
- Pastor Pleads No Contest in Sex Case
- Ex-pastor Norwich faces sex charge
- Church founder sentenced to 20 years for raping, a...
- Sex Offender Caught in Church
- Ex-minister walks atheist path
- Pastor Charged With Incest
- Pastor blames demons, not mental illness
- Anaheim Pastor Arrested in Alleged Molestations
- Church counselor pleads guilty to sex crimes with ...
- Their Own Version of a Big Bang
- Madison Twp. church leader accused of using parish...
- Bail set for pastor in abuse case
- Pastor accused of illegally harvesting sharks
- Church arson follows pastor's arrest
- Pastor Accused Of Throwing Puppies From Pickup Tru...
- Ripon man jailed for church sale
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2005 (106)