WILMINGTON, Delaware — A 59-year-old pastor was sentenced today to three months of home confinement for groping a teenage boy and a young man who were parishioners at his church.
In November, Talbert L. Gwynn, pastor of Wilmington Church of Christ in Penny Hill, pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree unlawful sexual contact.
Superior Court Judge William C. Carpenter Jr. today also required Gwynn to register as a sex offender and put him on probation for a year.
According to county police, a 16-year-old and a younger boy spent the night at Gwynn’s New Castle home in February 2005. While the younger boy was showering, police said, the 16-year-old was awakened by Gwynn, who began to hug him. Gwynn also grabbed the teen’s genitals as he was getting out of bed, police said.
In a separate incident, the pastor groped g a 25-year-old during Bible study.
In court, Gwynn’s attorney, Eugene Maurer, said his client is in the process of leaving the ministry when his successor is named at the church.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- Prayer doesn't affect heart patients
- Teacher/Pastor arrested in faked deployment
- Sex offender going from church choir to prison bar...
- Atheists identified as America’s most distrusted m...
- Pastor, 59, sentenced to home confinement for grop...
- Arrest warrant issued in case of missing girl
- Wife Confesses in Pastor's Slaying
- Frustrated by ignorance
- Couple discovers marriage of nearly two years not ...
- Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Homestead pastor charged with molesting 15-year-ol...
- Pastor receives 23 years for sex abuse
- Pastor arrested for indecency with a child
- Pastor charged with falsifying loan documents
- Ron Jeremy vs. Craig Gross
- Ministry Leader Accused of Raping Woman
- Pastor gets 15 to life for molesting two girls
- ▼ March (17)
- ► 2005 (106)