WATERLOO Iowa --- A former youth minister at a Waterloo church has been arrested for having sexual relations with a 15-year-old girl at the church.
Michael Raymond Ross, 28, of 1845 Easton Ave., was arrested for sexual exploitation by a counselor and simple assault for incidents that happened between November 2004 and November 2005.
Bond was set at $9,750.
Ross is a licensed pastor through the First Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan.. and was director of youth ministries at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Waterloo from March 2003 until December 2005.
He became acquainted with a 15-year-old girl who was a member of the church youth group in early 2004. As their relationship progressed, he began inviting her over to his home to watch movies and eventually began giving her massages, according to court records.
In December of 2004, after she turned 16, Ross went to her home, and she masturbated him, records state. They had sexual intercourse in December 2004 and February 2005, records state.
The simple assault charge stems from a November 2005 incident where he forced her down on his bed and had her lie next to him, records state.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- Pastor arrested for rape of congregant
- Pastor Facing Abuse Charges Flees to Mexico
- Pastor arrested for sexual assault of 11-year-old
- Pastor to stand trial on porn charges
- Pastor arrested: web sex charges
- 'Miracle baby' pastor held in UK
- Youth minister charged with sex crime
- God would not allow the lions to hurt him
- Pastor sought on sex charges
- ▼ June (9)
- ► 2005 (106)