The pastor of a church in Jackson, Mississippi, has been arrested and charged with felony child abuse, a news release from the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department said.
John C. Evans, 47, 3919 McGuffee Road in Clinton, was arrested Wednesday, the release said.
Evans posted $2,500 bond, the release said. His case will be presented to a grand jury.
Evans is a minister at Cathedral AME Zion Church, 428 W. Northside Drive in Jackson, according to the church’s Web site.
Details of what led to the arrest were not mentioned. But the release said it was the result of a request for assistance from the Mississippi Department of Human Services.
Efforts to reach Evans this evening were unsuccessful.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- Atheist group opposes campaign ad set in church
- Pastor charged with scamming
- Anti-same-sex marriage pastor/campaigner accused b...
- Pastor charged with molesting two girls
- Pastor arrested on child abuse charge
- Is your God supremely different from anyone else's...
- Pastor Accused Of Defrauding DOE
- Pastor convicted of having sex with children
- Atheist Pride
- Rewriting our religious history
- Pastor Faces Sex Charges
- Priest admits to Madonna bomb hoax
- Is Evolution keeping us superstitious?
- Major flaws in the Creationist argument
- Pastor sued — affair alleged
- The New Naysayers
- Pastor confesses to murder
- Pastor casts out demons with a rod of power
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2005 (106)