"Jesus don't just pop up like that. If you know the word of Jesus and you believe in Jesus, then there you go. He does exist."
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Man-made religious decorations are a common sight at this time of year, but the image on a tree in an Arlington man's front yard is natural and some neighbors have begun calling it a holy tree, according to a WJXT-TV report.
Neighbors near Daryl Brown's Arlington home said a tree in his yard bears the image of Jesus. The likeness has created a buzz in the neighborhood and has many residents at a loss for words.
"I see the face, eyes, and you can see the crown," said one neighbor.
"I can't say what I feel, I just feel it," said another neighbor.
The image was discovered a week before Christmas by a woman walking her dog, the report said. Overjoyed by what she saw, the woman shared the news with her neighbor.
"Nancy said, 'Would you like to see something? Just make sure you see it. I don't want to have to show it to you first," Brown said.
Brown recently moved to Arlington from Texas. He said the tree has given him and his family comfort as a symbol that everything is going to be OK in their new home.
"It's a blessing for me just coming to town, getting introduced and meeting new people out here ... When she showed me that, I said, 'OK, there is a Jesus.'" Brown said.
Similar to other cases of similar sightings, there will be skeptics. However, Brown said no skeptic could convince him the image is anything but Jesus Christ.
"Jesus don't just pop up like that. If you know the word of Jesus and you believe in Jesus, then there you go. He does exist," Brown said.
The woman who discovered the image told WJXT-TV that she moved to the neighborhood after she retired to find some peace and quiet, but that she did not realize she would find Jesus. She said every time she walks her dog she is comforted knowing Jesus is watching over her.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- Atheist truth
- Happy 270th Birthday Tom Paine -- Jan. 29, 1737
- Calls going out to make accusing a child of witchc...
- Dr. Dino sentenced to 10 years for tax evasion
- Pastor sentenced to 20 years for child sex-abuse
- Robertson Says "Only Those With Strong Religious F...
- Indicted priest living double life as married fath...
- Friends of God: A Road Trip With Alexandra Pelosi
- Pastor Arrested In Prostitution Sting
- Pastor found guilty of sexual molestation
- The holy blitzkrieg
- Let's have faith in society and keep God out of it...
- Youth Pastor Arrested — Sex Assault On Teens
- Pastor must pay taxes or go to jail
- Former pastor and youth minister faces sexual assa...
- Pastor sentenced to 7 years for molestation
- How to congratulate a political opponent?
- Jesus spotted on a tree in Florida
- The Blasphemy Challenge
- Rick Warren discusses Syrian/American relations wi...
- Pat Robertson prophecies 'mass killing'
- Tele-evangelist sued for claiming that God healed ...
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)