The former pastor of the Revival Center in Vincent is charged with murder in the October 2005 shooting death of his wife.
Timothy Dane Tillman, 43, was in the Shelby County Jail this evening with bond set at $500,000 after being returned from central Florida earlier in the day. He is charged with intentional murder, said Shelby County Chief Assistant District Attorney Bill Bostick.
Tillman is accused of deliberately shooting his wife, Janet Lorita Tillman, 40, at the couple's Vincent home on Oct. 26, 2005. The death was investigated by Vincent police and the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.
Tillman had contended the shooting was accidental and occurred when his shotgun accidentally fired while he was cleaning it, striking his wife in the back.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- Creationism's disingenuous "Crossroads"
- Action Item: California Wildfires & Secular Charit...
- Dumbledore is gay, author reveals
- New Research into the Origins of Life
- Inconvenient Inaccuracies?
- Hate on Trial
- Christians declare war on those evil athiests
- 16-year-old pastor's son arrested for shooting par...
- Halloween a serious threat to Christians?
- Origin of Vision Discovered
- Oral R.U. Without Dick ?
- Oregon Pastor Arrested for Sexually Abusing 8 Wome...
- Church pastor dies while enjoying unusual hobby
- Called by GOD to preach?
- Prayer guidlines published for Muslim astronauts
- Eternal Forces strikes back
- Christian camp leader jailed for child sex abuse
- Oral Roberts: True Christianity
- Welcome to This World
- Freethought Radio on the airwaves
- Pastor charged in wife's death
- Norway flourishes as secular nation
- AoG pastor on trial for rape of grandaughter
- ▼ October (23)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)