A Scott County Pastor has been charged with stealing $900 from his church.
Pastor Joe Moran, of Stamping Ground Baptist Church, was arraigned this month on theft charges. He pleaded not guilty.
Moran tells 27NEWSFIRST the allegations are nothing more than a big misunderstanding. He says he made a mistake when he deposited a check for $900.50 into his personal account.
He says the check was written out to him and was sent to his personal address.
Some of the 100-member congregation have left the Church and have asked Moran to step down. But he says he did nothing wrong and that he will not be leaving.
Moran will be back in Scott County Court on February 21 for a preliminary hearing.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- Pastor guilty of raping girls in congregation
- Let us bow our heads in thanks for atheists
- Pastor convicted of molesting foster child
- Is Barak Obama the Antichrist?
- Benny Hinn leaves Australia $800K richer
- Dr. Marlene Winell on CNN talking about the recent...
- IRS Target Wiley Drake Asks Followers To Engage In...
- Worshippers praise youth pastor for confessing to ...
- Atheists An Increasingly Outspoken Minority
- Pastor reports to prison for tax evasion
- Stop praying, start reading
- More than $1 billion annually funneled through ORU...
- Church music director charged with rape
- Teacher at Christian school charged with having se...
- Church pastor charged with theft
- Pastor charged with murder
- Pastor Charged With Grand Theft
- Pastor charged with theft
- MySpace deletes hacked Web site for atheists and a...
- ▼ February (19)
- ► 2007 (206)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)