WOODSTOCK, Va. - A Luray area pastor will appear in a Shenandoah County court today on charges he robbed a dollar store at gunpoint this month.
Police charged 55-year-old Hobert Wayne Bryant with robbery, use of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and eluding police during the May 8 incident.
Employees at a local Dollar General store told police a man wearing a blue coat, dark knit hat and sunglasses entered the store some time after 4 p.m., displayed a gun and demanded the contents of the cash register before fleeing in a white Ford Taurus.
Woodstock police later stopped Bryant driving the same car. Inside, police found cash, a disassembled shotgun and a 40-caliber, semiautomatic shotgun.
Bryant has been the longtime pastor of Rocky Branch Baptist Church, near Luray.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- Charges filed against youth minister
- Daughter of Christian music star killed by car
- Pastor charged with armed robbery
- Einstein letter calls Bible 'pretty childish'
- Pastor charged with sexual assault of teenage girl...
- High School Freethought
- Pastor found guilty of money laundering
- Church recognizes Virgin Mary appearances in Franc...
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2007 (206)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)