A former Bibb County minister has been arrested for allegedly raping a child.
Timothy Fulgham, 40, is charged with second-degree rape, second-degree sodomy, second-degree sexual abuse and enticing a child for immoral purposes.
Investigators say Fulgham used his power as a minister at River Life Church of God to win the young girl’s trust, and take advantage of her.
According to court documents, Fulgham assaulted the girl in both Bibb and Tuscaloosa counties. He has currently bonded out of the Tuscaloosa Metro Jail.
“Just believing that the truth will be revealed, and we believe in the system; we just don’t talk about it here. It’s not really relevant to us. The former pastor resigned. I just want to let everyone know in our community that our church is a great place to be. It’s a safe place to be,” said Brandon Morrison, current pastor of the River Life Church of God.
At the time of the attack, the girl was between 12 and 16 years old.
This case will go before a grand jury in the coming months.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- Priest commits suicide following allegations of se...
- Successful pastor of a Texas mega-church makes an...
- Science teacher dissed evolution
- Minister Arrested in Child Rape case
- Pastor arrested on child sex charge
- Teen's death renews scrutiny of faith-healing grou...
- Bruises, cuts cover dead child
- Man officially changes name to In God We Trust
- Former Regent assistant dean faces sexual assault ...
- Minister caught in sex sting resigns
- Mom fights church ban on her autistic son
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2007 (206)
- ► 2006 (169)
- ► 2005 (106)