Linthicum, Md. - Baltimore County police have charged the pastor of the Redemption Christian Fellowship in Woodlawn with sexually abusing children he was counseling.
Police say 39-year-old Gerald Fitroy Griffith, of the 1300-block of Peach Tree Court in Bowie, is charged with several counts of child abuse.
Police say they were contacted by five victims about alleged sexual abuse. Police say an investigation found that Griffith was sexually abusing the victims during counseling sessions in the church office.
Griffith was arrested Tuesday while waiting to board a flight to London at BWI.
He has been charged with sexual abuse to a minor, perverted practice, sodomy, second-, third-, and fourth-degree sex offense and second-degree assault. Bail was set at $600,000.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- ► 2006 (169)
- Professor apologizes for e-mail
- Intelligent-design ruling could affect Ohio school...
- Do you believe in God?
- College course seeks to debunk intelligent design
- Penn Jillette - There Is No God
- Monsignor in Phoenix arrested on sex charges
- Police say youth pastor killed wife, buried her
- Writer maintains there's no 'God' in Constitution
- Saenz charged with assault, resisting arrest
- Pastor Arrested On Sexual Abuse Charges
- Atheist Veterans Liken God to an 'Imaginary Friend...
- Event to show support for atheists in military
- Robertson warns Pennsylvania voters of God's wrath...
- The Brontosaurus
- Army Chaplain Sentenced For Sodomizing Troops
- Police accuse pastor of selling house, too
- Medina pastor charged with rape
- Father tells court he trusted God to heal sick son...
- Religion Now Taught As Science In Kansas
- Former N.C. preacher ordered to pay Florida widow
- Purpose Disclaimer
- Ripon Pastor Secretly Sells Church
- Parishioner Sues Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church,...
- ▼ November (23)