COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - A pastor who worked with young adults at New Life Church has admitted sexual misconduct and resigned just weeks after former church leader Ted Haggard stepped down over sexual immorality.
Christopher Beard, who headed the "twentyfourseven" ministry that taught leadership skills to young adults, resigned Friday, said Rob Brendle, an associate pastor at the 14,000-member church.
Brendle said Beard told church officials about "a series of decisions displaying poor judgment, including one incident of sexual misconduct several years ago."
The church said in a statement that the misconduct was with another unmarried adult several years ago. Beard, who worked at the church for nine years, has since married.
Brendle would not elaborate about the nature of the misconduct. Beard's resignation was first reported Monday by The Denver Post and The Gazette in Colorado Springs. The church said it wouldn't comment further. A residential phone number listed in Beard's name was disconnected.
Posts in this section were archived prior to February 2010. For more recent posts, go to the HOME PAGE.
Archived News & OP EDs
- ► 2009 (46)
- ► 2008 (152)
- ► 2007 (206)
- God's Enemies Are More Honest Than His Friends
- Pastor charged with stealing
- Apocalypse threat tops this year's religion storie...
- Christian help for responding to atheists, evoluti...
- Papa Pilgrim pops a plea
- 10 myths -- and 10 truths -- about atheism
- Collegue of Ted Haggard admitts sexual misconduct
- Pastor charged with stealing Bibles and money
- Convert or die!
- Atheists coming out of the closet
- Pastor pleads not guilty to charge of operating a ...
- Westboro Church Must Pay Marine's Family
- Megachurch pastor confesses to being gay
- Clergy sex abuse widespread across every denominat...
- Fraud in the church
- Baptist leaders and clergy sex-abuse
- A pastor's anguished suicide
- Phelps family on Tyra
- Churches, Ministers scammed by Nigerians
- Supreme Court to decide if atheist groups can sue ...
- Back to Bible Boot Camp
- ▼ December (21)
- ► 2005 (106)